Beginning the process of finding your next leader? Our team of talent acquisition experts will partner with you to find the best fit for your organization and your stakeholders.
What Sets Our Executive Search Services Apart?
Along with our national network, we bring a deep understanding of what leaders need to thrive in their new community.
Commitment to Diversity
We are dedicated to presenting you with a diverse slate of talent that best represents the communities you work in and serve.
We ensure that your constituents feel heard and are confident in the committee's due diligence, fairness, and impartiality.
The Trusted Executive Search Partner For...
What Clients and Candidates Say
Patrick J. Conlin, Board Chair, 5 Healthy Towns
HR Collaborative did a masterful job of leading our search committee through the process of selecting a new CEO. Given the limitations of COVID planning and our wide-ranging committee, HRC quietly and professionally led us to the finish line.
HR Collaborative was able to find excellent candidates for the position and orchestrate the process. The committee got the salient points efficiently and in a way that let us move through the search and hire seamlessly and professionally.
Nate Koetje, CEO, Feyen Zylstra
HRC was a good fit for us because they hit the ground running. I found their process to be complete and well-thought-out. What I appreciated is their willingness to look at what our expectations were and what we needed for our business, versus them telling me what I needed.
Christine Mwangi, Founder & President, Be a Rose
I had an extremely good interview with HR Collaborative in what was an Executive Director search. From the email correspondence that was extremely detailed and contained a lot of detailed information about the role to the actual phone interview, Michelle Sullivan at HR Collaborative ensured my comfort during the entire interview process. During the phone interview, I was very impressed with the intentionality that she took to read my application materials and ask questions that allowed me to highlight my experiences in unique and inclusive manners. I truly felt that I could be myself and shine at that moment. It is by far one of the most comfortable and professionally executed interviews I have had in my career.
Jerry Ditrapani, Board and Search Committee Member, Better Business Bureau of Western Michigan
We could not have done it without HR Collaborative. From your sourcing of candidates to your interview methodology, everything about the process was first class. I think I speak for the entire search committee when I say that HR Collaborative surpassed our expectations!
Eric Steindler, Search Committee Chair and Board Member, Blandford Nature Center
I thought the entire process was well managed. I really liked the ability to review videos and thought Michelle Sullivan, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, did a great job maintaining strong and timely communication. I would definitely recommend HR Collaborative.
In The News
Frey Foundation hires chief financial and operations officer
The Frey Foundation said Tuesday that it hired Ken Long as chief financial and operations officer. He brings 20 years of financial experience to the role.
The Frey Foundation partnered with Grand Rapids-based HR Collaborative to lead the nationwide search.
“We were committed to making this hire our highest priority, and we followed a process that resulted in a great hire,” said Holly Johnson, president of the Frey Foundation.
Meals on Wheels appoints new CEO
In January, current CEO Brewster Hamm announced his intention to retire.
The board then contracted with local talent management firm HR Collaborative to lead a nationwide CEO search process, which resulted in the promotion of Wideman as the best fit for the role.
Grand Rapids African American Health Institute announces search for executive director
The executive director will continue building the Grand Rapids African American Health Institute’s presence and widen the organization’s impact within West Michigan.
Micah Foster, PA-C, who has served as the interim executive director for the past year, will serve as a member of the search committee alongside the GRAAHI board of directors and HR Collaborative, which will be heading the search
Simple. Straightforward. Guaranteed.
Of the total first-year annual cash compensation — a significant savings over the average retained search fee of 33%.
To help make work better in our communities, we give non-profits back 5% of the fee as a tax-deductible donation or sponsorship.
If our candidate, for any reason, terminates or is terminated within 90 days from their start date, we'll repeat the entire search process.
You've Got Questions. We've Got Answers.
No! Commissions create a conflict of interest between you, your search partner, and candidates. With HR Collaborative you can count on full transparency, no "coaching" of candidates, and a focus on getting a mutual fit because we’re paid for our time and expertise – no more, no less.
With each executive search, we will:
- Collaborate with your hiring committee to assess the expectations and requirements of the position.
- Customize a job posting that will highlight your organization's unique culture and brand.
- Provide a basic compensation benchmarking report to ensure that the proposed salary range is competitive with market rates.
- Build a pool of qualified candidates using an applicant tracking system to post all of our positions to major job boards, as well as to specialty or industry-specific job boards. We will also post the position through our extensive social media network.
- Proactively recruit passive candidates who are qualified for the position but may not be actively seeking new employment to ensure they know of the opportunity.
- Collect, rank, and review all applications and resumes from candidates.
- Conduct pre-screening interviews to assess the candidate’s initial fit based on position prerequisites. Recommend and schedule top candidates for interviews.
- Lead on-site candidate interviews with the hiring manager/committee to help narrow the pool.
- Provide a comprehensive summary of professional references to the hiring manager that provides both qualitative and quantitative feedback from those who have worked with the candidate previously.
- Draft, present and negotiate the offer of employment on your organization's behalf.
- Coordinate candidate assessments, background checks, and other due diligence as required by your organization. As a Wiley Authorized provider, we recommend the PxT assessment, however, we have access to an entire library of tools to assess fit, style, behaviors, as specific skills.
- Keep other candidates apprised of their status throughout the process, including when the position has been filled to ensure a great candidate experience.
While no two searches are exactly the same, typically first interviews begin four weeks after the position has been posted. We strive to have the position filled within 90 days of the posting.
We're well versed in non-profit executive searches. In fact, nearly 50% of our executive searches are for non-profits.
Yes! We can add-on to the search executive integration and assimilation for your new leader.
This service provides an extended onboarding based on proven performance coaching strategies and includes the following services:
- Lead Stakeholder Meeting. HR Collaborative will organize a gathering between your new executive and key stakeholders to establish performance expectations and metrics.
- Coach on Culture Fit. After conducting a DiSC® Work of Leaders Style assessment, we will help your new leader fit their style with your culture in order to maximize performance.
- Coordinate New Leader Assimilation Meeting. We will then coordinate a meeting between your new Director of Operations and their direct reports and key stakeholders.
- Create Individual Development Plan. We'll work together to design an individual development plan for your new Director of Operations.
- Check-In After Initial Onboarding. At six or nine months, we will initiate a DiSC 363 for Leaders assessment and provide in-depth feedback on their progress.
- Provide Feedback Sessions. We will be available for up to five 90-minute executive feedback sessions and two feedback sessions to the organization's leader.
The addition extends our guarantee from 90 days to a full year.
Ready to Connect?
Reach out to us today, and let's start collaborating!