HR Business Partner
Grand Rapids, MI
BU Hospitality Group is seeking a proactive and engaging HR Business Partner to be a strategic, innovative Human Resources leader for this locally loved business group. This position is a new full-time role for this organization, and interested individuals should be aware that while they report to management, they will be the primary driving force behind the development and structure of Human Resources for this growing business group. This position will need someone independent, ambitious, self- motivated, and creative, with a growth and solution based mindset.
What to expect when you are a part of the BU Hospitality team:
- We believe that good isn’t enough. We strive to put “Excellence in Everything”. We never stop trying to do it better, no matter how good we are.
- We believe in honesty and trust. We work to build trust with others in each and every transaction and interaction. We recognize that honesty, integrity, and trust form the bond that holds organizations and relationships together.
- We are always striving to make BU an outstanding place to work. We believe in ongoing training and development of our people. We see it as a worthy investment to the future of BU and as a way of enabling our people to achieve their potential in whatever they do.
- We believe our continued success depends on teamwork. We know that great achievements are only possible from helping and respecting each other.
- We believe in doing business in a professional and orderly manner. We take great pride in having good systems, standardized procedures and being very organized.
- Develops and implements HR processes, policies, training/training materials, and company initiatives to guarantee compliance with local, state, and federal laws and mandates and align with company growth goals, including anti- harassment, health and safety, and DEI initiatives.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits, researches and proposes competitive base and incentive.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff, when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; will be required to document, administer, and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing and terminations.
- Creating and maintaining proactive training processes, programs, materials and company initiatives throughout all levels of the organization.
- Facilitates professional development, training, engagement, and certification activities for the staff.
- Performance management functions- talent management, recognition, employee relations issues, terminations, and investigations.
- Fostering employee retention through creating and encouraging positive work environments through employee engagement, company culture, and morale.
- Tracking time and attendance, PTO, executing payroll functions as well as benefits administration, leave administration, open enrollment, etc.
- Maintenance of Employee records and documentation filing
- 3-5+ years of experience in Human Resources Management
- Previous experience with HRIS implementation
An ideal candidate has:
- A SHRM or PHR certification
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with sensitive and delicate information/ issues
- A passion about the business side of an organization and aligns HR initiatives to support growth and long- term goals
- An ability to create a culture of inclusion and equity for employees and customers alike
- Ability to work independently without supervision and act as a thought partner for management.
Sound like you?
Let us know you're interested!