Are you passionate about personal finance and helping clients achieve financial wellness? Do you enjoy building relationships with internal and external stakeholders?
Midwest Capital Advisors is an independent, fee-only, SEC-registered investment advisory firm based in Grand Rapids, MI. They provide fiduciary investment management and financial planning services to a range of clients including employers, individuals, and not-for-profit entities. They are a recognized, growing leader in the retirement plan consulting and management for businesses and wealth management for families.
Their firm is growing, and they are searching for a proactive, reliable Associate Financial Planner (Paraplanner) to support their advisors as they prepare for and conduct client meetings. You will make an impact by helping manage client accounts and portfolios and customize financial solutions for their clients. In this role, you will learn from a cohesive team of licensed professionals. They will train, mentor, and coach you as you build your financial planning acumen, develop your skills, and establish a successful career. You will get the opportunity to communicate directly with clients and meet with them alongside their advisors, but the position will not involve any sales.
What you will do:
- Assist lead advisors in preparing for client meetings and complete follow-up tasks
- Request needed information from clients and update MoneyGuidePro™ in advance of client meetings
- Process and follow-up on asset transfers, account openings, and other administrative tasks to ensure a seamless and positive client experience
- Provide various client-facing financial planning and investment reports
- Prepare and submit documentation required to facilitate business through their custodian, Charles Schwab
- Conduct investment research and produce various reports in support of the Investment Committee
- Manage CRM system to ensure all client-related activities are properly documented and completed in a timely fashion