Natural Choice Foods is a full-service, solutions-oriented buyer of closeout and overstock inventory with over 20 years in the food industry. As a solution to inventory and overstock dilemmas, they turn overstock into opportunity! They have a broad reach of customers in the secondary markets – discount stores, food service outlets, and correctional facilities – across a wide geography. Natural Choice Foods is firmly committed to food safety and traceability.
They are seeking a resourceful, results-oriented, relationship-driven Senior Buyer who will lead their efforts to ensure successful product sourcing and new product strategies. Primarily through purchasing excess inventory, you will help ensure that their customers have access to the deepest discounts on quality name brand foods. Actively pursuing and managing key supplier relationships, you will work closely with multiple departments within Natural Choice Foods and Daily Deals to ensure that their strategic and operational objectives are met.
Your goals are to:
- Successfully identify new product opportunities from all major and mid-size food suppliers
- Credibly build, foster, and leverage new and existing supplier relationships, while negotiating to achieve long-standing partnerships and win-win outcomes for all parties
- Collaboratively partner with the internal sales team on revenue maximization strategies as well as long and short-term departmental strategic initiatives
- Effectively maintain cross-functional relationships with Operations, Store Operators, Marketing, and IT departments
- Professionally represent Natural Choice Foods at trade shows, conferences, and client engagements, while keeping up with industry trends and information