The Frey Foundation was established in 1974 out of a deep love of community and commitment to philanthropy. Since then, the foundation has continued its legacy, working to enhance the lives of children and families, protect natural resources, promote the arts, and build community.
We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cohesive team environment where all team members honor each other by actively listening and by being accountable, transparent, trustworthy, and direct. This has enabled us to operate as a trusted, nimble, and flexible philanthropic partner in tackling the community’s greatest challenges and opportunities.
Working closely with the President and in collaboration with the Board of Trustees, the Chief Financial and Operating Officer can expect to be an important part of an impactful legacy that will continue to positively impact the West Michigan communities that we serve. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Financial and Operating Officer will manage all aspects of financial management and will be responsible for the human resources, information technology, and administrative functions of the organization.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage all aspects of the Foundation’s financial assets and investment administration
- Develop and manage the operating budget, and annual grant expenditures ensuring compliance with the spending policy
- Oversee the preparation of annual audited financial statements
- Liaise and provide staff support to the Board and Investment Committee to carry out investment decisions and maintain accurate records
- Ensure regulatory compliance by maintaining current knowledge regarding regulations and best practices relevant to private foundations and nonprofit entities
- Assume responsibility of the human resources, information technology, and administrative functions for the organization