Founded in 1985, The Right Place, Inc. is West Michigan’s regional economic development organization. The Right Place serves both current and prospective West Michigan companies, connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. During this long history, the organization has assisted existing and new companies to create over 45,000 new jobs and over $5 billion in new investments.
They are looking for a Business Intelligence & Research Manager to conduct high-level economic research and analysis and gather data and business intelligence for the organization and its various programs. You will play a crucial role in supporting the organization’s mission and strategic plans by understanding trends and solving business problems. You will leverage a broad range of internal and external data resources to identify impactful insights benefiting multiple business areas. You will develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of business success drivers, industry and regulatory trends, and potential disruptors. You will create reports and visualizations and serve as the information advisor for staff, investors, and other stakeholders.
What you will do:
- You will gather and analyze demographic and economic data on West Michigan. You will collect these data from available industry reports, public information, reports from internal resources, and purchased sources.
- You will synthesize current business intelligence and trend data and present findings to the leadership team.
- You will complete Requests for Information (RFI) from customer leads and manage the response to business development projects. You will find rankings, success stories, and other data that support the marketing of West Michigan.
- You will respond to the regional business community inquiries on economic and demographic information and statistics. You will generate standard and custom reports for review by internal and external stakeholders.
- You will author various economic, labor, and industry reports on current and emerging trends to inform both internal leadership and external stakeholders (e.g. Dataconomy blog, Inclusive Economic Growth Reports, etc.).
- You will administer the in-house Salesforce CRM platform and utilize it for custom reports, data verification, etc.
- Assist various departments with creating data-driven strategies to advance decision making.
- You will monitor and update West Michigan Regional Dashboard with key metrics for economic, social, and environmental well-being.
- You will compile the C2ER Cost of Living Survey for the Grand Rapids metropolitan area and report for the national cost of living statistics.