The Bouma Corporation is a commercial interior and exterior finishing expert, proudly serving our clients nationwide since 1950. With honesty, integrity, and quality craftsmanship at the forefront, our Mission is to be the best, most trustworthy provider of architectural finishes in the industry.
The Vice President of Finance will develop and execute the company’s financial and risk management strategy and will have overall responsibility for finance functions including budgeting and forecasting, financial planning and analysis, cash flow management, and compliance and reporting. You will provide strategic guidance and operational leadership to the finance and IT departments while enhancing and implementing internal controls to ensure that policies and procedures are in place and followed. You will operate as a strategic partner and advisor, making recommendations on tactical initiatives, financial performance and projections, revenue growth and profitability, investment plans, and other crucial business decisions.
Key things about you:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or any related field. MBA, CPA, and/or CMA desired.
- You offer more than ten (10) years of progressive finance and accounting experience. Construction and/or manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- You possess a minimum of three (3) years of executive leadership experience and demonstrated excellence in engaging, managing, and motivating a team.
- You have a strong knowledge of US GAAP as well as federal and state financial regulations.
- You are well versed in analyzing complex data and creative in finding solutions to fundamental issues.
- You are an effective communicator who can confidently present critical information to leadership and to individuals without a financial background.
- You are naturally collaborative and have proven to be successful in building relationships with CPA firms, human resources, lawyers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- You are passionate about process improvement. You have a continuous improvement mindset and a track record of challenging perspectives and advancing changes.
- You are highly competent in spreadsheets, accounting software, and financial management systems.
- Experience in the selection and implementation of ERP / MRP systems is a plus.